IV Sedation Dentistry
Calm Your Nerves With IV Sedation Dentistry
At Grove Dental, we understand our patients’ fears and reservations surrounding dental visits. That’s why we offer intravenous (IV) sedation dentistry. This safe and effective method delivers a higher level of sedation than other methods, such as oral and nitrous oxide, while safely bringing patients into a tranquil state of mind during treatment.
Sedation dentistry is an ideal option for patients who exhibit severe dental phobia and for complex dental procedures that require an extensive amount of time in the treatment chair.
How Does IV Sedation Dentistry Work?
IV sedation dentistry, also known as sleep dentistry, involves administering a sedative directly into the patient’s bloodstream. With this method of sedation, patients quickly and painlessly reach a state of deep relaxation while remaining conscious and responsive throughout the procedure.
To ensure your safety, our team will closely monitor your level of comfort and can continually adjust the level of sedation according to your specific needs. Once your treatment is complete, you will wake up with little or no memory of the appointment and a healthy new smile.
Am I a Candidate for IV Sedation?
Most healthy patients can benefit from sedation dentistry. It is especially beneficial for:
- Patients who are extremely fearful of going to the dentist
- Patients who have difficulty sitting through lengthy procedures
- People who have a hard time getting and staying numb from anesthetics
There are many other benefits of sedation dentistry. These include:
- IV sedation decreases sensitivity to gagging, which can complicate dental work.
- Patients have the ability to receive multiple, complex treatments in just one appointment.
- IV sedation produces an amnesic effect, causing patients to remember little or none of their dental experience.
- Patients reach a relaxed, sleep-like state while remaining conscious throughout treatment so that they can communicate with the doctor and ask questions as needed.
Choose Grove Dental for Sedation Dentistry
At Grove Dental, we are pleased to offer IV sedation dentistry in Bolingbrook, Downers Grove, Lombard and Wheaton. Our sedation dentistry team can provide you with a relaxed, comfortable and pain-free dental experience so that you can enjoy dentistry in a whole new way — and achieve the healthy, beautiful smile you’ve always wanted.
Don’t let fear of the dentist keep you from having the healthy, beautiful smile you deserve. Discover Grove Dental’s comfortable, pain-free approach to dental care with sedation dentistry. Contact us today to schedule an in-office consultation with a leading IV sedation dentist in the Bolingbrook, Downers Grove, Lombard or Wheaton, and find out if sedation dentistry is right for you.